Music Property Coverage

Whether your performances involve elaborate sets and lighting or go a more bare-bones route, you probably have property that you would prefer not to have to pay to replace. Property insurance covers all of these things: sets, props, costumes, equipment, computers, etc. This coverage is also referred to occasionally as “inland marine”. Do note that this is slightly different than coverage for your instruments: more on that later!

Don’t assume that general liability insurance automatically protects your property as well. Unless property is specifically added to the policy, it does not. While a general liability policy may list “property” coverage, that is “property” in the real estate sense of the term: an actual physical structure.

Most property coverage includes a deductible, so if the value of your property is lower than or close to that deductible then this is not a worthwhile investment.

So I’ve covered myself, my performers, and my equipment. Should I be considering insuring my instruments as well? Good thinking! Instrument Insurance

Now that I've covered all of my stuff, do you have any advice about health insurance? Absolutely! Health Insurance (Individuals)

21 22 23 24 25